Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Vintage Quilling Kit

I received an email from a crafter in Russia last week. She is young and commented on my 70s vintage quilling. So I decided to look in my box of vintage kits.



I opened this Quill-It kit dated 1976; the photo is very faded. There are two shades of red paper plus many enclosures. The geranium flowers aren't something I would make. 



Also inside was an actual size pattern to slide under "wax paper". A full sheet of quilling information for beginners. Two large pages of green paper for leaves and sheets of black and red cardstock for the flower pot. A booklet, sort of a mini catalog, to order supplies. I am blown away at the $1.75 lap board. I still have mine and the soft board is indestructible -- the best ever made. 





And my favorite item, the corsage pin. This is what I learned to quill with and every kit contained one.





I decided to start making a friend the red snowflakes I promised about three years ago. Her Christmas tree is solid red ornaments and she requested red. The 1/4" wide vintage paper is very thick and easy to work with. 



Just a reminder it's not too early to start making snowflakes. This is a basic 20 piece snowflake design. The 3" center, 3" ribbon holder and six pieces of three different shapes.


Many other patterns are here:  Snowflakes

Thanks for stopping by!
-Molly xo

6 comments:

Artes de Nágela said...

Beautiful snowflakes. So many options ...
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs from Brazil for you!

Ann said...

fun find on the vintage kit. Wouldn't it be nice if you could buy a lap board today for $1.75.
I like your red snowflakes.

Terry Ricioli Designs said...

I love the red snowflakes. Maybe I can adapt this for my children's group. I like to try different techniques with them.

Nati said...

I enjoyed the red snowflakes, they look beautiful to decorate the christmas tree!
hugs :)
Nati

lulu_ma said...

It's very interesting to read about those vintage kits. Thanks for sharing!

Pily Nuñez said...

Very nice snowflake!
http://creaquilling.blogspot.com/